March 1, 2010

Procrastination.

It should be my middle name. I have the uncanny ability to put the most simple task off until the very last minute.

My first born, Addison, will be turning 7 on March 13. Today is March 1st. I haven't made an invite, ordered a cake, nothing, nada. Hell, just last night, Addison agreed on the party venue! She wanted to do Chuck E. Cheese, again. I vetoed that idea, immediately. Why? Here's a rundown:

1) CEC is expensive. I won't put on here exactly what I paid, but let's just say I could have bought a nice pair of Jimmy Choo's once all was said and done.

2) CEC is CRAZY on Saturdays. Kids running around, games ringing in your ears, kids splayed out in random places pouring over tickets, and kids at the prize counter=Mommy taking more than the recommended dose of Xanax.

3) CEC is not where Kids play, and Mom's relax. False advertising. CEC is a place where moms to hand out tokens, take children that don't belong to you to the bathroom (and don't forget, you could be wiping an ass that is not your child), and all in all, doing what the paid hostess should be doing. So, HELL TO THA NAWL, we are not having a party at Chuck Elwood Cheese's spot.

So, I made a parental decision. There are some situations that you have give options, and not infinite choices. I gave Addison the 2 options of a Bowling Party or a Malco Movie Party. She decided on the Movie Party. Yes!!! So much easier for Mommy to plan! I said she can invite 10 kids. She picked a couple kiddos from the hood, and the rest of the kids from her Montessori School. Here's the kicker. Actually a couple of kickers. On the 13th, our school is having a fundraiser that night, The Art Experience. Cocktails and fake conversation, should be fun, BUT, that may make it hard for some of her school friends to make it to the movies. I planned the party for as early as possible, but just never know. Also, some of the parents of Montessori students aren't privy to TV. Not sure on movies, but I would be heartbroken for Addison if she didn't get the friends she wants for her party.

So, I'm hoping for the best. Dereck, Tatum, and I will make Addison's day the best ever, with or without her friends, but all in all, I just want to make my kiddo happy! I have 10 days to finalize this, can I do it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment