March 2, 2010

I put make-up on today...

This is huge. For those who don't know, I'm super lucky to be able to work from home. I must admit, it is hard to walk in my office in the morning, knowing that I could easily flop my big ass on the couch, and not do a damn thing. Back to my accomplishment. So, on a normal day, after catching another hour of sleep after the kiddos leave, I roll out of bed, brush my teeth, and start checking my email. From there, it's work, lunch, pick up the kids, blah, blah, blah. In that day, I am most likely in my pjs. All day. Which must tell you, that I don't put on make-up during that day. I mean what's the point? I luckily don't have to get out of the car when I pick up Addison, since the teachers deliver my child to me and put her in the car. But, with Tatum Tot, I have to get out, and be seen. So, on a normal day, pjs, no make-up, all day. All my laundry is pajamas. Depressing, much?

But, not today. I decided, to do the full shabang this morning. I just bought some new make-up, Glo Minerals, that compliments my new mineral make-up I got in Vegas a couple of weeks ago, Belle Pierre. It gives my skin the warmest color, something that I've been trying to achieve with Bare Minerals Matte, for months. The Bare Minerals Matte was getting expensive because I had to buy two different colors to get a somewhat workable color. So, I'm super happy about finding some colors that match without becoming a mad scientist in the process!

I guess me putting on make-up was a slap in the face. I realized that I've really let my day-to-day self... go.  I'm sure it makes Dereck super excited to come home and see his wife in the same clothes he saw her in when we went to bed. "Hey, honey! It really gets me going to see you in that NY Yankees tee shirt two days in row! Is that toothpaste on your shirt? Hot!" Poor, D. I haven't been to a doctor, but I'm pretty sure I'm in a bit of a depression. I LOVE to workout. In the last couple of months, I could give a rat's ass about any gym, run, weights, or class. Absolutely no motivation. I am actively trying to change this, without the aid of anitdepressents. Also, going to start P90X to shake up my workout, to make sure I wake up my body from this slump! That's another blog day. I'll definitely be talking about that phase! Holla!!

S

No comments:

Post a Comment